- The manicurist course is available in English and Spanish.
- The manicurist course takes approximately 5 months to complete.
- Admission requirements: 17 years or older, and a high school diploma or GED or equivalent.
To prepare the student in the basic skills for licensure and practice as manicurist as prescribed by Texas State Law. To develop the full scope of services that licensed manicurist may pursue.
Theory classes are held to learn the structure of hands, arms, and nails and the composition of various cosmetics used in manicuring also includes the study and ability to recognize nail diseases and disorders. The course will be a combination of lectures, demonstration, practice sessions, and student clinic practice.
Written exams for theory will be given on each subject. Monthly progress reports containing theory and practical grades and projects completed are made and reviewed with each student. To be progressing satisfactorily, students must maintain a 70% grade average which is calculated at payment periods to comply with the school’s progress statement.
A study of the basics of manicuring (those subjects listed in the curriculum above) with an understanding of the chemistry of the skin, nails and the products used in performing manicuring services.
Based on 600 hours of manicuring training as required by Texas State Law
Curriculum and Hours
|Orientation and TDLR rules and regulation||15|
|Equipment and implements||15|
|Arms, hands, nails, anatomy and physiology||70|
|Bacteriology, sanitation and safety measures||100|
* Job related information, safety, sanitation, and sterilization shall also be taught in each course and subject area as it pertains to that specific subject
Cost Information Manicurist Program
|Books and Kits||$800|
|Total Tuition and Fees||$5,166|
- Tuition is charged by payment period for students receiving financial assistance.
- Monthly payments may be arranged for all courses.
- Books and equipment are not required to be purchased from the school.
- The student must purchase their own black scrub pants to be worn with school shirts.
- The student must provide 2 passport/wallet size photos.
- Uniform shirt fee: $75.00 + tax (Additional $15 for size 2x and up.)
- Locker key fee: $10.00
- TDLR Registration Fee $25.00 money order
The school accepts cash, checks, money orders, credit/debit card, and Title IV for qualified students.
|Credential Level||Certificate of Diploma|
|Program Length||6 Months|
|References||English Retail Price|
|Milady Nail Technology ISBN# 9781285080598||$136.95|